After seasoning easy grilled steak fajitas and vegetables, you would possibly have some spice mix leftover. you’ll use it to sprinkle on the fajitas before serving or keep it within the pantry. The spice mix is great on tacos and keeps well for 3 months in an airtight container.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Yield: Serves 4
Fajita Spice Mix:
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon flavorer
For the fajitas:
- 1 1/2 pounds steak, skirt, flank, or strip (no quite 1-inch thick)
- 1 large sweet pepper, sliced thin
- 1 large red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced thin
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 10-12 medium flour tortillas
DAD ADD — Lime Cumin Sour Cream:
- 1 cup soured cream
- 1 lime, zest, and juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of salt
- Hot sauce
1 Make the fajita spice mix: during a small bowl combine kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and flavorer.
2 Make the vegetable foil pack: Fold an outsized piece of foil in half so you’ve got a double layer. Add the sliced peppers and onions. Season the vegetables with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning.
Fold the edges of the foil up and crimp it tightly on top to form a packet.
3 Season the steak: Season the steak liberally with the seasoning mix (about 3/4 teaspoon per side).
4 Preheat your grill to 450°F for top heat grilling.
5 Grill the packet and therefore the steak: Once the grill is hot, transfer the veggie packet and therefore the steak to the grill. Grill over steak over high, direct heat. After 4 minutes, flip the steak and grill for five to 7 additional minutes.
This will finish cooking the steak to a few media to medium-rare temperature and soften the veggies. Remove both the foil packet and therefore the steak from the grill and let cool for a couple of minutes.
6 Make the Dad Add Lime soured cream (optional): during a small bowl, combine soured cream, zest, the juice from 1 lime, cumin, and salt. Serve alongside the fajitas.
7 Slice the steak: Slice the steak thinly against the grain.
8 Serve: you’ll add the steak to the veggies and serve the fajitas right out of the foil packet alongside a stack of flour tortillas. The foil should be strong enough, but if yours seems unstable, you’ll also transfer the ingredients to a serving platter.
If you like this recipe you can also follow below recipes
- Delicious Beef Burger Cook Easily At Home
- Cook Ribeye Steak Gordon Ramsay at home with Boneless Ribeye
- Boneless Beef and Guinness Slow Cooker Irish Recipe
- Beef Bulgogi Stir Fry Tasty Recipe
- American Wagyu Beef Fajita Skewers